17-25 November 2019 | Bitola, Republic of North Macedonia
This project is designed to build digital competences and encourage implementing innovative practices in digital youth work.
With this project we intend to build digital competences and encourage implementing innovative practices in the digital youth work, disseminating the knowledge to volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities. We will cover the Web Content Accessibility and Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) as an effort to improve the accessibility of the websites for people with disabilities.
The objectives for this course are:
- To understand what is digital competence and digital competence framework and why that is important today
- To gain digital competences needed for employment, personal development and social inclusion and enhance their skills for using different platforms
- To build the capacity of their organizations in reaching target groups and stakeholders, and growing membership using various social media networks and digital tools
- To build capacity of the youth workers for further dissemination of the knowledge to the volunteers and other members of their organization
- To provide free digital tools and resources for digital youth work and non-formal education for non-profit organizations and young people with fewer opportunities
- To extend the use and utilization of the social media and digital media tools in youth work for communication and organizational management
- To empower the participants with skills to use digital tools for campaigns without or with low budget
- To raise the awareness and increase the use of social media and digital media tools in detecting and solving problems in their community using different devices and visual storytelling
- To learn techniques and skills for writing structured media advisory content and press release to generate publicity and visibility for their work and collecting press clipping
- To understand what is Web Accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and how to improve inclusion of people with disabilities
- To increase the transparency and visibility of the organization and disseminate the project results to a broader audience
The project intend to gather youth workers and volunteers, young people who want to work or be engaged in the work of youth organizations, young people with fewer opportunities who want to build their digital competencies and employable skills of other young people.
We will ensure the diversity among the participants considering the previously acquired knowledge on the topic and experience. In that way the participants who have some advanced knowledge on the topic could help to the other participants easily understand the materials and lectures during the group work and sessions. We provide an opportunity for sharing knowledge and good practices among the participants, cohesion and team work spirit.
The working methodology is based on non-formal education methods. Using these methods we aim to build an environment that is diverse and stimulated for working, learning and sharing. In our practical approach we will use tools for team-building, team-working, case-studies, multimedia, web resources and digital tools, brainstorming, workshops on digital skills and team management, personal and group assessments and evaluation. We will try to stimulate the participants to be pro-activate and responsible for them and for the other participants, to share the knowledge among them and help each other to achieve the tasks.
Your kind of training?
This Training Course is
for 25 participants
from Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Italy, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Spain, Turkey
and recommended for
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth policy makers, Youth coaches
EUROPEAN CULTURAL EPICENTER Bitola (Youth NGO)
Association for non-formal education European Cultural Epicenter Bitola (ECE Bitola) is non-governmental, nonpolitical organization founded in September 2012 by enthusiasts with diverse qualifications who want to use their experience, knowledge and professional network to provide high quality non-formal educational programs for personal and professional development for citizens’ form Macedonia and Europe.
Contact for questions:
There is no participation fee
Accommodation and food
Accommodation and meals will be provided by the organizers. Accommodation will be provided in shared rooms with shared bathroom.
Travel tickets shall be bought only after agreement and confirmation with the organizers. Travel expenses to and from the venue will be reimbursed up to a maximum pre-agreed with the organizers. Maximum per country (per participant):