7-12 October 2019 | Cercedilla, Madrid, Spain
A proactive approach to the resolution and prevention techniques of conflicts within the Human Rights doctrine. As young peace activists, we believe that you can be the one that shapes the situation from a local perspective to bring a global action
Conflict Mapping project was designed by the group of international youth workers and activists — members of YPAN — working in the peacebuilding field. We are living in times of difficult political context, where war and violence are still seen as a primary tool for conflicts resolution. We also a deep need to explore with young people peaceful alternatives to conflict, and here is where our compass will try to make the change.
The aim of the project is to empower 24 youth leaders to act as new changemakers in the local and regional conflicts in Europe by using human rights and peacebuilding mediation and strengthening their skills in the conflict transformation and community building that includes all opinions and leads to the participation of all society (including people with less resources).
WITH AN AIM… COMES THE OBJECTIVES…
- To develop participants competences in conflict transformation by exploring perspectives of human rights, peacebuilding and democratic participation.
- To improve participants skills in data analysis and research to map violent conflicts (based on the root-causes method) and how they affect young people.
- To empower participants to actively engage in solving the violent conflicts that are ongoing or may appear in Europe at the behavioral, cultural or structural level.
- To explore tools for nonviolent conflict resolution, such as mediation, community meetings, non-violent communication, deconstruction of the image of “the other”, intercultural learning and the principle of inclusivity.
- To plan local actions in the participants` communities in the format of community meetings in order to provide the counter-narrative preventing escalation of tensions.
- To enhance international cooperation of youth workers in the area of conflict prevention and transformation, by planning cross-border actions focussing on community building as a counter-balance for violent conflicts.
- To strengthen the sustainability of the network of young changemakers who will bring awareness for the citizens and policy-makers in the EU and neighboring countries on the existing conflicts and ways to transform them.
ARE YOU WILLING TO…?
- Join a group with an open mind, ready to take action, seeking for constructive learning, and willing to
- Change your way of behaving/living in an unlearning process of 5 days
- Create a community with respect, love and “sharing is caring” mood
- Show your best skills to others, offer an ear to hear and questions to ask
- Be in the middle of nature, practicing morning mindfulness, yoga or ninjutsu.
- Find what “outside the box” really means
- Believe that youth is part of the change…
THEN YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS PROJECT!
BESIDES, IF YOU PREFER TO…
- stick to your ideas, values or ways of living without questioning even a single rule
- show your power and super-ego towards the others
- go all-time party and drinking
- not listen to others thoughts or ideas
- be inside the comfort zone…
Then we recommend you to read “Civilization and its Discontents” (Sigmund Freud) in your closest library :)
This Training Course is
for 24 participants
from Belgium - DE, Belgium - FL, Belgium - FR, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Lithuania, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Russian Federation, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth policy makers, Volunteering mentors, Youth coaches, Activists, young people and peacebuilders
This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
Libre-pensadores de la Sierra de Madrid (Youth NGO)
The Association Libre-pensadores de la sierra de Madrid (LPS) is a cultural organization managed by young people from the north-west of Madrid region. The organization aims to the promotion of participative processes inclusive with youngsters and the spread of the culture of respect, human rights advocacy and democratic values. The organization activities started in 2013 taking action from then in more than 30 events, workshops and actions in Spain and other European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Portugal, and the UK).
Contact for questions:
We believe in one thing, the power of peace education and the right for all to have an opportunity. That is why, thanks to the ERASMUS+ scheme, we are able to provide this training for you for free. Accommodation, food, and materials used in the course are fully covered by the organizers.
Accommodation and food
Organizers will cover the costs of accommodation and food on the dates of the training.
Bare in mind that you will need to send the travel proposal before buying the planes to the coordination team. The European Commission (and so, the organizers) only refunds the cheapest trip for and back.
Travel budget (in euros):
North Macedonia 360
VISA: If you require a visa to get into the Schengen area we will provide you with a welcome letter.
This training activity is funded by:
The Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme
Participants are entitled to receive a Youthpass certificate from the organiser, for recognition of their competence development during the activity.
Your kind of training?
Click here to apply now!
Application deadline (24h UTC): 3 September 2019
Date of selection: 4 September 2019