World Nomads is inviting aspiring travel filmmakers, from any nationality, to a 10-day filmmaking trip to Malaysia, under the mentorship of professional documentary filmmaker Jenny Nichols.
How to apply
Entrants will have to make a 3-minute documentary film interview, in English or with English subtitles, about a an adventurer or inspiring traveller.
The video should be uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo, in order to have it publicly accessible.
Each film must be submitted by an individual filmmaker.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Malaysia.
- A 10-day, all-expenses-paid trip in Malaysia, including a 3-day post-production workshop
- Mentorship with professional filmmaker Jenny Nichols through the 10-day trip.
- $1000 USD worth of audio equipment courtesy of RØDE Microphones.
- A Lowepro camera bag of the winner's choice (up to the value of $150 USD) and Langly camera accessories.
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
The scholarship recipient, along with the shortlist of the best films, will be published on the World Nomads website on 10th September 2019.
DEADLINE6 August 2019, 11:59 PM EDT.
PROJECT PERIOD01/07/2019 - 01/07/2019
Find out more here.